Thursday, December 17, 2009

Edible Bangle!

That day I decided to wear my dark pink kurtha with my favorite beetroot colored wooden bangle, which I bought from Jaipur long back.

@ Office:
“Hey Rash, why has your wrist turned pink?” Pallavi asks
Seeing my new wrist color, happily and proudly thinking “Oh! What a complexion?” I coolly said, “Hey, That’s because I rested my wrist on the desk and that could have left a mark.”
Taking a closer look, Pallavi disagrees, “But those are appearing as patches.”
Oops! What a flop?
Clever Pallavi continues, “Rash, I think it is from your bangle.”
Pallavi was right.
Not losing the chance to bluff her, here I go, “Oh yea, this bangle is made of dried beetroots. So, that beetroot color could have spread all over. You see this bangle is edible”.
Pallavi with raised eyebrows, “Oh wow! What a creativity? Do they machine cut it?”
“Yea! They first cut the beetroot in bangle shape and dry it under sun. Carrot finger rings are also available, but for kids as the circumference is less”. Lol!

1 comment:

  1. what other vegetables are they converting into jewelry????

    ReplyDelete